Kishori Sinha Mahila College offered B.Sc. Honours in Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Mathematics. The objective of Science Department is promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a department for organising, coordinating and promoting S & T activities in the country. The Department has major responsibilities for specific projects and programmes as listed below:
1. Formulation of policies relating to Science.
2. Coordination and integration of areas of Science having cross-sectoral linkages in which a number of institutions and departments have interest and capabilities.
3. Undertaking or financially sponsoring scientific and technological surveys, research design and development, where necessary.
4. Support and Grants-in-aid to Scientific Research Institutions, Scientific Associations and Bodies.
5. Matters commonly affecting Scientific and technological departments/organisations/ institutions e.g. financial, personnel, purchase and import policies and practices.
6. Matters regarding Inter-Agency/Inter-Departmental coordination for evolving science and technology missions.
7. All other measures needed for the promotion of science and their application to the development and security of the nation.
8. Matters relating to institutional Science capacity building including setting up of new institutions and institutional infrastructure.
9. Promotion of Science and Technology at the State, District, and Village levels for grass- roots development through State Science and Technology Councils and other mechanisms.